The next day, I decided to message her and send her some love because I had come to accept the reality. So I just sent her a message saying - I love you Nikki Sis! She messaged me back - How is you summer my Indian Goddess! So I began to tell her some story, or the other, and said I wish I was hiking with her. From her reply I gathered many people were finding it hard to coordinate time to hike with her. We began planning future trips, and I happened to mention I was going to NYC that very day.
Me- going to NYC this weekend how far have u gone from the delaware gap?
Nikki-I'm in newyork... I can see the NYC skyline from where I am!
Lots of hikers taking buses into the city for a few days lol
omg ill be in new york this weekend!
could we meet up?
At that moment I was called into a meeting. I was crunched for time to get work done, before I had to leave, and this meeting was over, but people tend to go over points over and over again. I had to leave work at 12:00 so I could go home and leave to pick up Ryan and head on our way to NYC. It's an 8 hour drive!
Finally when I got out of the meeting I see a missed call, a text message and another instant message all from Nikki.
Give me a call, I can take an hour and a half bus ride and I'd be there!
I can leave out of Warwick NY
YES!
We will be staying at my grandparent's place! Or there is also my sister's place!
Me- we're all going to sleep on the floor
my sis, me, ryan, my sis' fiance and my mom!
Should I ask your mom if this is ok lol
Me-my mom would LOVE to see you
Nikki- I can't stop giggling!
When are you guys getting there ?
Me- we would get there at 9pm tonight
but u cud get there before
you will love my grandmother
Nikki- Just called Paul and told him... He was like ' good luck' what are you going to do there... And I said eat amazing food and be with amazing people
...
We finally met, hugged, and there was giggles and tears all at once! We knew this trip was meant to be... Somehow things had worked out even though I had accepted the bitter truth... but it happened!!! I met her near the trail, and we hiked, explored, bonded and had fun. Not just Nikki and I but the whole lot of us. The three sisters, the mothers, the lovers, the friends...
What a whirlwind of a weekend we had! We met up with my sister, my sister took us to some cool places, Strawberry Fields, the Mind Tree, where we did a little yoga, Tomlin Square to listen to cool yoga teacher who played Rumba music in the park! We met a few more of her artist friends! Then we went to a cozy - cool bar which had grapes growing atop it and celebrated my sister's birthday. We met her wonderful friend Aric and took cool pictures. We had a wonderful dinner with our family, hit up a bar my uncle went to when he was in college. We even briefly met my cousins Atanu and Antara the next morning, and got a little bit of shopping in! Oh to experience the New York Minute with this crazy lot: Ryan, My sister and her Fiance the amazing artist Chris, My other sister Nikki, Aric, My mom, grandparents, my Uncle and his Girlfriend! Wow! | At the Mind Tree |
| Yogis at central park! |
| The Family! a few people are missing! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! I'd love to hear what you thought of this post!