Monday, October 24, 2011

My Guardian Angels

Your head in my lap,
you breathe your last few breaths.
I say good bye,
as tears fall from my eyes.

Wish you didn't have to go,
I feel your pain, your parting sorrow.
We are attached so deeply,
I know somehow we will always be together.

I will miss your brown eyes,
Your strange voice, Which I got used to.
You nudging me for attention,
You cuddling up for sleep time.

I will miss you running around,
going crazy, doing silly things,
chasing squirrels, bumping into the door...
When you were sick, I took care of you and would do it all - all over again.

I will always pick dog's drool over cat's fur,
As strange as it sounds I will miss your drool and your longing looks for my food.
You could read my feelings,
From your eyes I knew your moods.

You were my loyal loyal furry friend,
We shared so much without words.
No one can ever replace you,
You were unique, you were my friend, protector, guardian, teacher, guide.
From you I had nothing to hide.

You are gone, but our deep connection will be held in my heart.
And I will always remember it, remember you.


My doggie guardian angels:
Chips, Butch, Twinkie, Orion, Draco, Brooklyn, Snoop, Piko ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you thought of this post!